Sunday, November 24, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving~ Martha Gessick

Thankful for our Faithful and True God
 
I am most thankful for my daily bread (food/clothing/shelter) and safety from harm and evil. The past two decades have brought many personal struggles and suffering; yet I have seen and remember God’s faithfulness to me, my children and family. During these hard seasons of life, I am especially grateful for my church family and for my pastors who have provided love, guidance and encouragement. As I run the race of faith, I know I must focus only on Jesus as His grace is sufficient. I find reassurance in the following scriptures: Psalms145:18 “The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.” And James 1:2 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” We must all strive to be faithful as He is faithful until such time as we shall see Him face to face.

No comments: