Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving~ Anne Chamberlin

"I am thankful for the big sky here in Texas. I miss it when I am away in places cluttered with hills and buildings. And when I come back to it I'm so glad to see it is still stretching so far, from from north to south. 

I like the grey tides of clouds drifting across the orange sunset and the deepening blue on the other side, with a few twinkling lights of trucks or stars there.

I like the black hulk of a bushy tree in front of the broad band of twinkling periwinkle. 

I like that I have to shield my feeble eyes and submit to sunglasses driving into that clean, bright morning sun. 

And every morning and evening is a different picture, number 2,732,452 of the Artist's series. 

The firmament here in Texas truly does show his handiwork! I'm thankful for the big sky and the Artist who painted it, for his glory and my enjoyment. 

No comments: