Wednesday, November 6, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving ~Linda Armstrong

 I am thankful for:
  • The gift of salvation
  • Comfort in grief
  • Life becoming precious to me after many years of longing for 'escape from the reality of it'- (though it's no secret that I long to join those who have gone on ahead of me through death)- I now want to experience the maximum fullness of life while here with assurance of better to come!  
  • God's handiwork in creation - in nature but especially in people - 
  • Lessons in love - how to receive, how to give (learned mostly from receiving), how to hold onto and how to let go of those ones we cling so tightly to...
  • Experiences in travel and in staying put
  • Healing:  spiritual, emotional, mental, physical
  • Being granted a heart more inclined to obedience to my Lord and Master Jesus  ---a very long row to hoe for me, indeed
  • Of correction from the Lord--how very much I need it.  And especially of a resulting genuine repentance.
  • The gift of perseverance when I feel like giving up
  • The gift of a house for shelter from heat and cold
  • Neighbors who accept me - neighbors who would rather not-- and how God intends to use all these relationships for my good and His glory
  • Friendship - learning to have, make and receive friends after so many years of 'self-sufficiency' which God abhors...
  • Singing out in church (I could always hide under Tim's good voice) with hopefully decreasing self-consciousness and much more God-consciousness
  • Looking for and expecting the best from others as opposed to my stubborn skepticism.
  • The Promise of being forever HOME 
These are just the beginning.  But some significant things for me.  God is close to the brokenhearted and tender with His own.  But He is also just and (praise His Name) the Justifier  of those who seek Him.
 
May His Glory be made known in and through His people!

Linda Armstrong

Philippians 1:6  'Being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the Day of Jesus Christ.'

No comments: