Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving ~Kris Blaede

I am thankful for the hard gift God has provided me through my son Kayleb.   He has taught me NOT to view the world through my own eyes, but rather look into and learn about the needs of others.   While Kayleb looks like every other regular kid he doesn't function the same.  You can't "SEE" his needs and people often become frustrated (including mom and dad).  When we adopted Kayleb I had the naïve and arrogant thought that I would "fix" him.   What really happened is that God, through Kayleb, fixed me.    Kayleb has made great strides to overcome his tumultuous past and he is striving to move forward.  At the same time I have learned to be more patient, educated, understanding, and most importantly trusting in the Lord.  We struggle daily to progress, but I can't imagine my life without him.    By LOOKING I have learned that behavior is not always a lack of training but can be an outcry for something left unspoken.   It is our job, while we continue to train, to figure it out.    Thank you Lord for this gift!


No comments: