Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving ~ Darla Page

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. I love the colors, the food, the weather, and the way that the holiday causes us to pause and remember what we have to be thankful for. Over the last several weeks, I have paused and recounted the things that I have not rejoiced over this past year. I believe the Lord has allowed me to remember these things because He is reminding me that in all circumstances He is still Lord and His word is still truth.
 
This year, above all, I am thankful that God isn't subject to my assumptions, who He is doesn't change because of what I feel at the moment.  He is who He is. The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He is truth, love, and sovereign. He is able to bring beauty from destruction, life from the dust. He is God, the way, the truth, the life, and that will never change. This Thanksgiving, in particular, I find immense peace in knowing this. In death, in loss, in the midst of a diagnosis, in my own failures as a mother and wife, in watching someone I love suffer, in grief, in persecution.......God is still God and I rest in that.
 
Thanks be to God that He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore.

No comments: