Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What is your gift? ~Ashli Kottwitz

When I joined Redeemer Presbyterian Church, the elders asked me very directly how I was going to use my God-given gifts to help the church. I panicked for a moment, then I remembered how much I enjoy cooking for others and entertaining others. So, I hesitantly stated my thoughts. I was relieved to hear there was a place for me to use this gift in God’s church. Since then, I have reverently tried to answer every call to cook for another and have entertained covenant members of our church when I could. I have also been on the recipient’s end of this gift. While my husband was in the hospital with cancer, I cannot innumerate how many blessed women of the church brought meals to us. It was such a comfort to know that with all the hardships facing us, dinner for my family would not be one. During that time, women used their gifts to clean our house, take care of my toddlers, send me encouraging cards, visited us at the hospital and much more. I believe, that is truly how we can extend God’s arms in a real way to our community; it’s what make our church special, because we all take this request to heart.

Then I served on the Women’s Ministry board as the Hospitality helper. I asked to take on the role of managing our annual tea during that time. I loved seeing us all celebrate being women! We do not get many opportunities to sit as women together with our teacup and rejoice in God’s love for us. Each year, it is so fun to see the wonderful table the ladies decorate. I enjoy finding a unique theme, gathering the ladies together and get excited to experience a grown up tea party. I think we forget that being a lady is very special. Our annual tea gives us a chance to show love to the cherished ladies in our lives.

You are cordially invited to join us this year: Saturday, February 15th

Our theme is: A Cup of Tea, Sweetened with Love

We ask that all women please bring a finger food to share. Also, please respond on the Evite if you are able to attend. All ladies are welcome who can hold a precious teacup.

With love, Ashli Kottwitz

No comments: